- This may be old news to some but we noticed UND opens the 2019 season with a home game vs. Drake University. The next week they are at NDSU and then home vs. Sam Houston State. Nice opening slate of FCS non-conference games.
- UND made it out of fall camp with no major injuries. However, several players may be held out Week 1 due to sprains, etc.
- The overall mood coming out of fall camp has been better than it’s ever been. Upbeat is the theme we keep hearing.
- UND has announced their Captains for the 2018 season.
- John Santiago
- Adam Stiner
- Austin Cieslak
- Tanner Palmborg
- Andrew Zimmerman (junior)
- Sam Houston State and UND will run a joint broadcast for the game on September 15th. It will then be shown throughout the state.
- Nate Ketteringham has been named the starter at QB for the home opener next week vs. MVSU.
- James Johannesson and John Santiago were back at practice yesterday. Both running backs should be good to go next week for the opener.
- We have heard UND will name their starting QB by tomorrow, August 21st, which falls in line with the timeline we were given by Coach Rudolph. The Hawks begin normal school-time practices August 22nd.
- Another sneaky name popping up for playing time: CB Jacob Odom. The freshman is a physical style corner that has shown some speed/skills that are somewhat of a surprise.
- Not all the offensive issues were on the OL yesterday. The QB’s set the protection wrong several times according to our sources.
- Center/QB exchanges are still a huge concern from both under center and in the shotgun. Practice 10 was a disappointing in that regard. QB/RB/WR exchanges also are concerning regarding timing out of the gun and on Jet motion plays. This has to be cleaned up prior to week 1.
- Depth chart changes: OL Jeremy Jenkins has been moved to guard. Freshman Matt Waletzko has been working with the #2 offense at RT.
- We feel Waletzko will play this year and would not be surprised if OG Kyle Hergel also plays as a freshman.
- Starting safety Lenny Nelson was back at practice today ahead of schedule. That is great news.
- UND has added Missouri as a future FBS opponent on August 30th, 2025. UND will be paid 550K.
- Safety Lenny Nelson may have gotten dinged up in practice yesterday. Heard it was not serious and may just be out temporarily.
- LT Bennett Helgren making a hard push for the starting job.
- We spotted freshman receiver Mikey Greibel on the sideline at practice with a brace on his hand. Not a great way to start camp.
- UND opened camp today with practice #1. Andrew Zimmerman took the #1 reps at QB.
- RB John Santiago and CB Deion Harris were both recently named 2nd Team Preseason All-American’s.
- COMMITMENT: Offensive Lineman Adam Neustel of Gwinner, ND has just committed to UND.
- Neustel is the 7th offensive lineman in this class.