- There is a chance that John Santiago could be back this weekend vs. Idaho. Hearing Travis Toivonen is a long shot to play, though.
- The game next weekend vs. Portland State has suddenly gotten tougher as the Vikings are currently 4-4 and now have playoff aspirations of their own.
- UND hosted seven unofficial visit recruits last weekend. Among them were current commits Luke Lennon (West Fargo) and Adam Zavalney (Park River).
- With WRs Izzy Adeoti and Travis Toivonen expected to be out this week, we expect an expanded role for Cam McKinney in the game plan in personnel groupings with Noah Wanzek and Garret Maag. Not only will he continue to get the “jet sweep” reps, he should probably get some targets in the downfield passing game. Big opportunity this weekend for the 5’9″ 170 pound redshirt freshman to show he can be a rotational player.
- Amazingly, in addition to the news of Tanner Palmborg’s availability this week, left guard Ryan Tobin is expected to be back in the lineup on Saturday. Matt Waletzko will stay at right tackle. So, from left to right: Bennett Hellgren, Ryan Tobin, Patric Rooney, Grant Aplin, Matt Waletzko. Nate Nguon should also be in the rotation at guard.
- #22 UND has risen to a 6.5 point favorite over #4 Weber State.
- John Santiago and Izzy Adeoti are not included in this week’s two-deep. Ryan Tobin is listed as a backup but is 50/50 at best. Travis Toivonen is 50/50.
- UND is ranked #22 in the latest STATS FCS poll. Opponent Weber State is ranked #4.
- Based on what we saw last weekend in Sacramento, it would appear that WR Travis Toivonen and Izzy Adeoti will be out this weekend vs. Weber State. Have to think that OG Ryan Tobin will also be out once again. The question mark is John Santiago, who suffered an ankle injury vs. Sac State.
- As we alluded to in our podcast today, we expect LG Ryan Tobin to be out for Saturday’s game vs Sac State. Expect Grant Aplin to move over to LG and Nate Nguon to move to RG. Matt Waletzko will start at RT.
- UND has received their 20th commitment to the Class of 2019. WR Adam Zavalney (6’4-190) of Park River, ND committed last night.
- It has been all but confirmed that UND OLB Tanner Palmborg, a team captain, seriously hurt his knee in the game vs. Montana and will be out for the season.
- We have also heard that backup CB Tyus Carter hurt his arm/hand in the game and could be out an extended period of time. Depth at CB is getting thin.
- A commenter led us to look at the punt block a bit deeper and we saw that UND only had two wall blockers when there is typically three. Could be a new formation but an upfront guy didn’t block his man. Not sure.
- UND will be hosting around 25 ‘unofficial visit’ recruits for the Montana game this weekend. We don’t believe they will have any official visits happening.
- Advocate Brenda Tracy will be at the UND/UM game to help promote the “Set The Expectation” campaign that raises awareness about sexual assault. UND has fully embraced the campaign through educational sessions with their athletes.
- Crazy day in the Big Sky on Saturday. Montana loses at home to Portland State, Weber loses on the road to Northern Arizona, and Sac State gets crushed at home by Poly.
- Southern Utah is 0-5 now and out of the playoff picture already.
- Sam Houston State destroyed Stephen F. Austin 54-21. Idaho State destroyed Idaho 62-28. Those two wins are very good for UND.
- The UND coaching staff is spending the next couple days out recruiting around the area. North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, & Illinois will be hit. Recruiting both current commits and prospects.
- Through six games, UND QB commit Cedric Case has 1,670 yards and 15 TD’s.
- Per the Grand Forks Herald, OT Noah Mortel is officially out for the year with a back injury.
- RT Matt Waletzko and John Santiago should be back and healthy for the Montana game on October 13th at the Alerus Center.
- The UND defense heads into their bye week with only nicks and bruises. Appear to be in good shape on that side of the ball.
- UND (3-2) is ranked #24 in the latest Athlon Sports Power Poll.