- We will have a full injury report on the Tailgate Show at 11am tomorrow morning. Tune in because there could be some unpleasant surprises on the offensive side of the ball. A few “questionable” playmakers from what we have been told.
- There is a good chance that Austin Gordon and Jade Lawrence are back at outside linebacker.
- Sounds like UND is going to be short-handed along the OL again this week. Expect Noah Mortel and Matt Waletzko to be out.
- The loss to Idaho State knocked UND out of the Top 25 rankings.
- Had a chance to watch some Idaho State defensive film. They are talented, fast and play hard. The Bengal defense is no joke. UND Offense will have its hands full, especially in the passing game. ISU secondary looks solid.
- Sources tell us that RT Matt Waletzko could miss “2-3 weeks” with a foot injury suffered in the Sam Houston State game.
- UND is a 6.5 point favorite this weekend vs. Idaho State on Homecoming. Total is 56.
- Members of the early 1970’s UND teams will be ‘honorary letterwinners’ for this week’s Homecoming/Potato Bowl tilt against Idaho State. Hearing former standout and UND Hall of Fame member Dave “Doctor Death” Fennell will be doing the coin toss. Go ahead and read into that what you will. Should get people whispering.
- Not looking good on the injury front for UND. They are waiting on the MRI for DE Zeke Ott but it doesn’t sound good. He appeared to injure his other knee this time.
- Rain is in the forecast down in Huntsville on Saturday night. Per our podcast with Josh Criswell, there will be several thunderstorms passing through. SHSU played in the rain last week vs. Prairie View A&M.
- There is a chance that Matt Waletzko gets his first start this weekend at RT. We will have the full Who’s In/Who’s Out on the Tailgate Show starting at 4pm on Saturday.
- No major injuries to report from the Washington game that we know of. However, knicks and bruises have piled up a bit. Concerned about Ryan Tobin’s availability at LG this week. Matt Waletzko injured his hand as well. Might be some shuffling this week up front. On defense, hoping to get Lenny Nelson back this week. Tank Harris is still a question mark at this point. Our biggest concern is the availability of LB Noah Larson, who played extremely well until he left the game in the 3rd quarter and did not return. We believe his is a leg injury.
- We have heard there is a chance that safety Chivaldo Van Ommeren will be cleared this week and could travel to SHSU.
- Expect UND to only bring three true freshmen on the trip this weekend – Matt Waletzko, Garett Maag, and Jacob Odom. We will have a full injury report on the Tailgate Show tomorrow at 2:30pm.
- We can tell you that safety Chavildo Van Ommeren has not been cleared yet but should be by next week vs. SHSU.
- Regarding MVFC future scheduling: UND will NOT play Northern Iowa and Indiana State in 2020 & 2021.
- Future UND schedules have been updated. UND will be home vs. South Dakota and South Dakota State in 2020. UND will travel to NDSU that year, though. In 2021, the opposite will happen – NDSU will travel to UND and the Hawks will go to USD and SDSU.
- The UND defense is expecting to have ILB Cam Hunt back this weekend. There is a chance that S Chavildo Van Ommeren will be cleared and ready to play, also. Unsure if OLB Austin Gordon will be back yet, however.
- UND has opened as a 43 point dog at Washington. The total is set at 53.