Recruiting is a year-round venture these days for college football coaches and the most crucial time period of that cycle is currently underway.
The recruiting camp season has kicked in full-gear around the country and the UND staff currently is spread out around the upper midwest evaluating prospects.
We have compiled a list of camps that UND coaches are attending to evaluate Class of 2020 & 2021 prospects:
- May 31 – Lindenwood University (MO) Mega Camp
- June 1 – Lindenwood University Mega Camp – Iowa State Camp – Wisconsin Camp
- June 2 – Minnesota Camp – Wyoming Camp
- June 3-5 – UND Youth Camp
- June 6 – North Central (IL) Camp
- June 8 – Northwestern Camp
- June 9 – Wisconsin Camp – Minnesota Camp
- June 10-12 – UND Team Camp
- June 13 – UND 7 v 7 & OL/DL Camp
- June 20 – UND Elite Camp #1
- July 20 – UND Elite Camp #2
Multiple offers have already been extended by the staff to campers from the Lindenwood Camp. Most of those prospects hail from Missouri and Nebraska.
You can see a current list of all the current offerees on our 2020 Recruiting page.
These camps are crucial because they bring together many of the players into one setting and allows the staff to evaluate them against other top competition. Some of the camps hold combine type testing, as well, which produces a timed result to use for comparison purposes.
With all that being said, the most vital part of the camp season is without a doubt UND’s own Elite Camp. This is where the staff’s main targets get shown around campus and also attend functions before and after camp.
Another caveat of the Elite Camps is that much like the camps the UND staff attend in early June, there will be multiple college staffs on hand from all levels (D2, D3, NAIA) to evaluate the prospects. This setup allows more sets of eyeballs on the campers and could lead to multiple offers for them.
Offers are extended but in most cases the staff is looking to lock up commitments during this time to players they have already offered. UND typically picks up their first few commitments in July.