There have been a few things going on lately that we felt are worth touching on.
- Spring break is now officially over so UND will be starting up with spring ball again tomorrow, March 22. This will be practice #5.
- Former RB coach Kevin Maurice recently left UND and took the same position at Big Sky foe Eastern Washington. Maurice came to UND as a member of Bubba Schweigert’s initial staff. He is very connected in the recruiting world and helped UND gain a number of players over the years from distant locales. Maurice was a good guy, good coach and will be missed on the staff. No word as of yet who is replacing him.
- Former UND OL Michael Coe will be working out for NFL scouts at NDSU’s Pro Day on March 29th. Coe was regarded by some scouts as the best OL in the Big Sky this past season and has a very good shot at a late round draft spot or free agent contract.
- UND cracked the Root Sports Game of the Week list for the first time in two years. This upcoming season, UND will be featured in their game at Montana on October 14.
- The staff will be holding their annual “Junior Day” on April 14th, the same day as the Spring Game, which is being held once again at the HPC.